Monday 2 April 2018

Easter Rocky Road & Happy Easter



Wishing you all had a lovely Easter, and whatever your plans hope you enjoy the last day of the long weekend. Today I’m back with another baking post, and I’ve been making Easter themed rocky road. I used the rocky road squares recipe from GoodFood 101 Cakes & Bakes book by the BBC. This baking book is particularly great for sweet treats, they have a lot of indulgent recipes perfect for special occasions.

I made a large batch, which after the photos were taken I cut into snack sized bites. I added marshmallows and walnuts into the chocolate mixture, and used everyday milk chocolate from Aldi which was melted on a hob. I decorated with Aldi’s own brand mini eggs which I can’t fault in comparison to the Cadburys choice. I tried to keep the ingredient prices cheap and cheerful and the cost added up to about the price of one rocky road in a posh café.

My bake seemed to go down well and I recommend you give it a go. I would love to know if you have done any Easter posts, I’ll do my best to visit them if you leave a link.

Speak soon,
H x



No comments:

Post a Comment