Wednesday 14 February 2018

Valentine’s Heart Design Iced Sponge Cake



Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! So following my last themed baking post, here’s one more for you all. I had some cherries to use up from making scones, and after having a little think, I decided to decorate a cake with a heart shape. To make the sponge cake, I used a recipe from the Easy Peasy Sweetie Pie recipe book by Mary Contini. The recipe is called can’t go wrong cake where you weigh three large eggs and then have the same weight in butter, sugar and also flour.

For the icing I used the vanilla buttercream recipe from The Hungry Student Easy Baking book. I halved the measurements for a smaller cake and the icing seemed too runny really, but when it set, it was a delicious extra element to a good sponge cake. As you can see I decorated with cherries too!

Have you done any valentine’s blog posts? 
If you have let me know in the comments! :-) Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment