Thursday 30 November 2017

Winter Baking: Berry and Apple Crumble



It’s been a little while since I’ve done a baking post, I made this crumble at the beginning of the month, and it’s been one of my favourite bakes from the year so far I would say. I learned how to make a basic crumble at school, but since then I’ve opted for things like cookies, or cake so I wanted to try something slightly different. Most of the ingredients we had in the cupboard already but I asked my Mum to pick up frozen berries to add in with some apples from the fruit bowl.

If you’ve made crumble before, you will know to rub the butter and flour lightly with your fingertips to create breadcrumbs which is an important step to master. I also had to peel the apples and slice them into cubes. Those are the main bits that are a little trickier but it’s actually a very simple recipe, I added oats to the breadcrumbs on top, which gave the dessert an earthy feel. I used The Hungry Student Easy Baking book which I’ve mentioned before, the layout of the recipes, and simple ingredients make the process easier. My family gave some good feedback on this one, a crumble is a bit of a crowd pleaser.

Do you ever make crumbles? 
What kind of filling is your favourite? :-) Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment