Tuesday 17 October 2017

Halloween All-American Cookies with Pumpkin Seeds


Lately I’ve been getting back into baking, I find it to be a fun activity on days at home. My Mum reminded me we had a few ingredients to use up, so I started looking into my recipe books for something appropriate. Soon after browsing in my BBC Good Food Cakes & Bakes book, I came across some all-American chocolate chunk cookies. The ingredients included lots of chocolate (some for melting), crunchy peanut butter, peanuts as well as the typical things such as flour, sugar, and an egg etc. In my mind the recipe was too sugary from all the chocolate so I adapted the recipe a little. I added some chocolate but not as much, a bit of peanut butter, and to substitute some of the extra chocolate, I added pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chopped brazil nuts and a very small amount of chocolate raisins along with the core ingredients.



They didn’t take long in the oven to cook, the main thing was weighing out the ingredients at the start and the mixing/preparation. They came out well in my mind, they had that earthy, made at home vibe to them and the texture was lovely. I don’t often adapt recipes, but doing so on this occasion gave me a bit of confidence to do it again. I made twelve cookies and we freezed some of the spare ones, having a little bit each day for nearly a week. I think with having the pumpkin seeds in, it’s quite a seasonal recipe, perfect for Halloween maybe. As shown are a few themed photos, they have a Halloween séance style to them, they are a bit quirky, but hope you like them!



Are you going to bake over Halloween? 
What recipes are on your bucket list? :-) Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment