Monday 1 May 2017

Testing Poundland Make-Up

I’ve always wondered about Poundland make-up, as is so affordable. Luckily my Dad gifted me a selection of their range for Christmas and I figured what have I got to lose by experimenting with some of their products. In today’s post I will be sharing my thoughts on four items, so enjoy!


Make Up Gallery Glide Away ‘Frost Shimmer’ Eyeshadow Stick 

This may be my favourite from the four, the silver shimmer gives off a radiant effect to the eye lids and it’s perfect for highlighting the brow bone too. It’s extremely easy to apply with a quick twist of the stick and although the staying power is average overall this product gets the thumbs up.


Make Up Gallery ‘Black’ Plump Up The Volume Mascara 

Wow what a lovely mascara for the price, I like the natural effect it gives, and is fabulous for every day. It doesn’t irritate my eyes at all but again the staying power isn’t amazing. The simple sleek packaging is pretty and the mascara wand style makes applying stress-free.


Make Up Gallery Pressed Powder in ‘Sand Four’

I was happy to see this shade matched my skin perfectly, it eliminates any shine well but like the other two products, the staying power is just okay. It’s the kind of product which is handy to have in your bag for a touch up plus the packaging is great for the price.


Make Up Gallery Foundation Brush

From first impressions the soft bristles and shape of the brush are lovely. Personally I don’t like to apply foundation with a brush but I can imagine with the right product, this might work well. I was hoping this make-up brush would be a star match, when partnered with the pressed powder, but the application was difficult.  


I can see myself picking up the shimmer stick and mascara on a regular basis from my beauty stash. The Poundland Make Up Gallery brand is not cruelty-free unfortunately but each item is one pound which is extraordinary compared to some brands. Click here to view products online.

What are your thoughts on Poundland make-up? 
Is it something you would try yourself? :-) Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment