Friday 28 April 2017

Second-hand Book Haul (And Stationery Item!)



Recently in my local town an enterprising bookshop has opened, which I discovered earlier in the year. It’s a charity run by volunteers and they provide free books. I’ve visited three times now, and have really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and selection they have on offer. People can contribute books as well as take away ones they want to read; many people who come in such as I return them once they have been read. They also accept donations from the public, I think it’s a fantastic initiative, and hope they continue to succeed with it.



A little while ago, I picked up a few interesting books, and I was excited to see they had some titles I wanted to read. They offer loads of different genres, I gravitated towards a thriller, a classic, and a few contemporary novels, I was lucky to find a few brand new copies too. I’m currently half way through reading these, and I’m enjoying When God was a Rabbit by Sarah Winman. I won’t go into detail in this post about the plots etc. but you can be positive to hear all the specifics as soon as additional blog posts go up. 



I’ve included a list of the titles, if you are interested in talking to me further about book related topics, feel free to add me on Goodreads. Lastly I purchased a notebook from The Works, and I adore the message on the front. It’s A4 and has plain paper inside, I paid £3.00 for it and they had loads of other designs. Link to notebook here. Have you read any of these books yourself? Do you like my new notebook? :-) Xx

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Us by David Nichols
When God was a Rabbit by Sarah Winman
Chocolat by Joanne Harris
Candy and the Broken Biscuits by Lauren Laverne
Alice Bliss by Laura Harrington

No comments:

Post a Comment