Tuesday 22 November 2016

Books to Read In Autumn/Winter


An Autumn Crush by Milly Johnson

I read this in the beginning of autumn, it is a lovely light and humorous read with lots of romance. It’s about four friends who are about to get swept off their feet. There’s a great dynamic between the main character Juliet and her new flatmate Floz, they hit it off as friends and are the heart of the story. Guy, Juliet’s brother develops a thing for Floz but he keeps going about it in the wrong way. Meanwhile Steve, Guys best friend is pining for Ju. There are some interesting twists and turns throughout but out of the books I’ve read this year, it sits at about average, 3/5 stars. Milly Johnson the author also wrote Winter Flame which is a great one for this time of year too.


November Nine by Colleen Hoover

This was seriously one of the best books I’ve read this year and my first from author Colleen Hoover. It’s a young adult contemporary novel about Fallon and Ben who first meet on Fallon’s last day in LA before she moves to New York to pursue an acting career. They have an instant spark and decide to meet the same day they met, November ninth each year. It’s mainly focused around romance, and together they make a perfect couple but there are a lot of plot twists and intense moments which also made the book something special. The genre is maybe slightly too young for me, but I still fully enjoyed it. From first impressions Colleen Hoover seems like a remarkable author and I rate November Nine 5/5 stars.


The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass

I haven’t actually started reading this one but it’s on my to be read pile, I’m super excited to begin and I’ve heard good things on Goodreads and YouTube about this series. The Selection is the first novel in The Selection series by Kiera Cass. It’s a dystopian novel, which will be my first to try and has a fairytale inspired twist with a reality TV feel about it. It’s also a fairly small book, something that I could imagine finishing quite quickly. I’m hoping to get stuck in before the New Year if possible. I’m currently reading a Christmas novel.

What books have you been reading lately? Are you a book worm in A/W? :-) Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment