Saturday 22 October 2016

My Thoughts on Three Books.


The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying by Marie Kondo

I’d first heard of this book through the blogging/YouTube community as it’s a bit of a cult classic. It had been on my to-read list for quite some time, and after receiving it for my birthday over the summer I finished it. The author Marie Kondo has some great tips and insight into the way of clearing out rubbish and tidying up. I liked the personal stories mixed in with helpful knowledge. The book is short and easy to finish but the chapters feel very thorough and specific. Towards the end is where I enjoyed it the most, it kind of wrapped things up in a pleasing way. I think tidying can be fun and loved the way the book showed this. I rated it 5/5


The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

I’m actually still in the process of reading this one, it’s kind of on hold as I feel it’s more of a summer time read. So far though I’m thoroughly enjoying it, it’s my first Morgan Matson book so I’m super excited. The story revolves around Andie the congressman’s daughter who has summer all planned out with a pre-med internship. Sadly due to a political scandal it doesn’t work out so she has to find another way to spend her summer. The antics of Andie and her close knit friendship group is entertaining and hopefully will continue. The writing style is lovely while the storyline is very relatable for young adult readers. I will let you know how I get on!! :-)


A Kiss in the Dark by Cat Clarke

Saving the best to last, this was probably one of my top reads of the year so far. I finished it very quickly due to the past-paced, thrilling narrative. I’ve wanted to read a book by Cat Clarke for a while, and now I’m keen to read others from the author. The plot is unusual and unexpected as well as something which is best left to be a surprise. The characters are very realistic and relatable, plus the twists throughout the book were quite something. I felt engaged throughout the book, and believe it could be interesting to a variety of age groups. A great autumn/winter read! I rated it 5/5

Are you a book worm? What have you been reading lately? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment