Tuesday 6 September 2016

August Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Favourites



So another month has past and it’s time for another monthly favourites. I’ve been doing these posts since the start of the year and have been really enjoying the process of selecting things that sparked happiness. Speaking of which, I finished reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying by Marie Kondō which talks about decluttering and only keeping things that bring joy. I had very high expectations because of the success of the book particularly with other bloggers/vloggers saying such good things. I rated the book five out of five stars. I loved the mix of practical tips along with Marie’s personal experiences. I felt she had excellent insight and loved how she showed you can have fun with tidying.

I found these three postcard designs with aspirational quotes on them at Paperchase, not only do I love the words but the pretty colours. I have them displayed in my room and every time I look at them they make me feel good. Although August has been busy I made time to get back into watching films. I’ve come to the realisation that The Fault In Our Stars and Beastly are some of my all-time favourites. The Fault In Our Stars is just so emotive, and I love a good romance movie and having a bit of a weep. If you haven’t seen Beastly before it’s a modern take on Beauty and The Beast. Another gorgeous romance, with a special message.



I’ve been using this Pacifica reed diffuser in the scent island vanilla over the course of Aug and I’m in love, the scent is just perfect and Pacifica as a brand is one of my favs. I started using The Balm eyeshadow palette, I was delighted to win it from Brigitte Hayley’s YouTube channel giveaway. The eyeshadows are super pigmented and the colours are gorgeous and very wearable. I got these green bow ballet pumps from Primark a good while ago and started wearing them up. I have had a few lovely compliments on them which I was chuffed about. We’ve had a few rainy days and these cosy socks have been worn to keep me toasty. I bought this blue stripe dress from Peacocks earlier in the year and has become a staple in my wardrobe as it’s versatile with a flattering fit. It’s a great everyday dress!

So how has your August been? What things have made you smile? :-) xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment