Sunday 1 May 2016

April Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Favourites



Hello to you all, hope you are having a nice bank holiday weekend so far. This year I’ve started introducing a monthly favourites post and these are fast becoming my most enjoyable to create. I actually shot the photos for this post earlier in the month, as even by then I had lots of items to show you. So there’s a mixture of things like entertainment, beauty products and miscellaneous that I am excited to share with you. I bought the Martian DVD earlier in the year, after watching it at the cinema it was something I wanted to rewatch on DVD. I was considering buying the book but from reviews the dialogue has quite a lot science speak in it that can be hard to follow. The film is very inspirational, Matt Damon plays the role of astronaut Mark Watney incredibly well.

Papertowns was a DVD I enjoyed this month too, I loved the mystery element of this film and it was a nice watch. I finally finished watching my Dawson’s Creek box set, it was the first time I had watched all the episodes in order, there was a mixture of okay episodes to some brilliant ones. The end made my cry too! I’ve been really into reading at the moment, I finished a book called ‘The Way We Were’ by Elizabeth Noble which I found on a second hand book stall for 25p. The book is about two childhood sweethearts Susannah and Rob who reconnect after meeting at a wedding. The book was written very well and the characters relationships are very central in the story.



I picked up April's edition of Elle which is currently my favourite type of magazine to read, I love the articles and focus on high end fashion. The glossy pages make it lovely to keep on a coffee table. I’ve been trying to use up items in my wardrobe that for whatever reason I have forgot about. I find I’m always reaching for the same things, so I’ve I decided to use up my brightly coloured scarfs particularly this pink one. I have the same one if so many colours from Primark, they just add a pop of colour to any outfit.

I bought this Garnier hand cream, the subtle mango scent is lovely and works nicely to smooth out my hands. However I was later informed the brand do animal testing so I’m unlikely to be repurchasing after using the tube up. I’ve been mixing this collection matte foundation with another, it’s a bit too dark for me at the moment but the formula is whipped and applies well to the skin. Technically it was the end of March but I painted my nails for Easter day and I choose this beautiful gold glitter colour by the Fearne Cotton brand, the formula is spot on. I rekindled my love for the Pukka Elderberry and Echinacea tea, and have been enjoying a mug of this every other day. On my playlist has been Fleur East's first album, it’s very catchy and poppy, I love ‘Sax’ so much!!

How has your month been? What have you been loving? Do we have a favourite in common? :-) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment