Friday 18 March 2016

My Current Favourites, Feb/March.


Today I’m back with a current favourites after a short break from blogging. These items are what I’ve been loving from mid February to mid March and there’s a lot of things I have been impressed with. I’ve been really into reading at the moment, and I’ve been lucky enough to have read two books that I would give five out of five stars. The first is ‘You Don’t know Me’, by Sophia Bennett and although its more aimed at girls in their teens, the message of friendship and themes of social networking and reality shows really resonated with me. The book is centred on a group of girls who start a band and enter Killer Act, a reality TV music contest. I just flew through the pages, it’s such a good book!

#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso is the second book I’ve read and there has been quite a lot of hype around it so wasn’t sure if it was going to live up to the fuss. I found Sophia to be very insightful and likeable about her success in the fashion business. It’s an autobiography mainly, but there is elements of advice for other entrepreneurs out there. It wasn’t over serious though, her humour shone through, I would recommend it if you haven’t read it already.


This favourites has a bit of an entertainment theme and I’ve been getting into watching DVDs. I praised Avatar and Paddington in my previous post but just wanted to share a new purchase, The DUFF. I don’t think I remember it coming out at the cinema, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching it at home, it was a lovely feel good film about Bianca who is labelled as a ‘Designated Ugly Fat Friend’. I was surprised at how much I liked this film, I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it was. It’s kind of Mean Girls meets Bridesmaids and hilarious but heartwarming!

Also I’ve been using this Autograph ISIS Pink perfume since Christmas which is a fruity floral scent and it’s a beautiful. This Matrix shine cream, I’ve had for ages now and it’s maybe past its sell by date but it’s one of the best hair products I have ever used. Unfortunately I think it’s been discontinued now! I’ve been reaching for these Pacifica coconut wipes every day, I can’t wait to review them for you, and they are gorgeous! There has been a few chilly days so I’ve been popping on this beret, I just adore the pearl detail. And lastly to help me doze off on a night I’ve been experimenting wearing this eye mask, its perfect and found it cheap at Wilko!

So do we have a favourite in common? What have you been loving at the moment?! :-) xxx



Info & Links

You Don’t Know Me by Sophia Bennett Book (buy here)
#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso Book (buy here)
Avatar DVD (buy here)
Paddington DVD (buy here)
The DUFF DVD (buy here)
Autograph ISIS Pink Perfume by M&S (buy here)
Matrix Nourishing Shine Cream
Pacifica Purify Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes (buy here)
White Pearl Detail Beret by M&S
Wilko Varsity Eye Mask (buy here)

No comments:

Post a Comment