Monday 7 March 2016

Movie Night & Trying New Film Genres.


The Martian, The Wolf of Wall Street, Paddington and Avatar were my film choices and all bought just recently especially for a movie night. I figured I would treat myself to the film experience at home with some Butterkist toffee popcorn too. I normally opt for a girly chick flick but these films seemed to have been really popular and wanted to experiment with what I watch. I actually went to see The Martian at the cinema with friends and thoroughly enjoyed it, the film was pretty epic and very memorable! I’ve heard rave reviews about The Wolf of Wall Street, but regretfully it just wasn’t my cup of tea at all, not something I would want to watch again. Paddington surprised me actually and I was really impressed, the bear’s character was done remarkably well and the effects were brilliant.  Avatar is a bit of an oldie yet something I’d never got round to seeing, this was nice to watch too!

I would really recommend a movie night and trying new genres like I did. I bought the DVDs from Amazon and most were around the five pound mark except for The Martian which is a new release. I find I don’t always have the opportunity to go to the cinema so this for me is a nice alternative sometimes. I have a few more films to watch on my bucket list including a horror film which is not in my comfort zone at all. Do you like any of these films? Or do you have any film recommendations for me? Helen Xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment