Monday 14 December 2015

Ideas for Christmas Books to Read! :-)

Since a few years back I’ve been making it a fun tradition to read a couple of festive novels over the holiday period. This post is a little different from the kind I normally produce on here but let me know if you like it! So I have a few titles I've read that I wanted to share with you, Enjoy! X


Coming Home for Christmas Patricia Scanlan (buy here)
In unfortunate circumstances Alison decides to visits home for Christmas to spend time with her sister Olivia and family. A romance forms with a sweet Irish man she met back In NYC. This book left me feeling warm and comforted.

Just for Christmas by Scarlett Bailey (buy here)
This book covers all bases, really festive, great romance and beautiful setting. Alex moves to a Cornish cottage at Christmas and meets someone special. A real page turner and a lot of interesting characters including Alexs dog Buoy.

Make my Wish Come True by Fiona Harper (buy here)
Juliet and Gemma are sisters with very contrasting lives. They do a life swap at Christmas and learn a lot about each other. There’s also a bit of romance in this one and some unexpected turns.


A Christmas to Remember by Jenny Hale (buy here)
A bit of a slow starter but the characters were very well written and this made the book for me. Lots of very festive elements to the book as Carrie joins a new family over Christmas as a nanny.

A Winter Flame by Milly Johnson (buy here)
One of my fav Christmas books to read. I was captivated around the idea of the main leads building a theme park called Winter World. I felt like a child again reading this but the romance was lovely too!

The Gift by Cecelia Ahern (buy here)
This book was the one that made me get into Christmas novels and was one of the first I read. The plot and message of the book is brilliant and an amazing page turner with some unexpected twists.


Falling for Christmas by Debbie Macomber (buy here)
A modern interpretation of the story of the birth of Jesus. It is retold through Mary-Jo who is pregnant on Christmas Eve without the comfort of family by her side. This is a heart-warming book.

When I Fall In Love by Miranda Dickinson (buy here)
I’m currently reading this one and it’s not as Christmassy as I first thought. I’m still trying to get into it but it’s light-hearted and humorous so far.

What will you be reading over Christmas? Any books that take your fancy? Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment