Thursday 11 December 2014

Intro to Polyvore. A cool place online to make fashion/inspiration boards.

All Wrapped Up.

 
You may or may not have heard of Polyvore, it’s a cool place online to make fashion boards or any kind of inspiration boards. You can add items to a board and experiment anyway you wish. These ‘boards’ are called sets. You can also create collections which in other words are folders of individual items.
 
It takes a while to learn tips and tricks. If you are new to Polyvore you can browse other members or communities to gain knowledge and inspiration. Also once you’ve joined online I would recommend adding items. These appear on your profile and you can use them later on in your sets and collections.
 
It took me a while to develop a style on my sets. Some people keep it simple by adding a few items to make an outfit which I do sometimes, example above. If you want to be more adventurous you can create a template but I find this process trickier.
 
Some ideas I’ve seen include picking a colour and sticking to it for one board. Also picking a theme such as minimalist, street fashion, favourite products etc.
 
Feel free to add me on there if you’ve been on there a while or if you are a newbie. Let me know in the comments if you want to be Polyvore friends! :-D Lots of love, Helen Xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment