Thursday 6 June 2013

Holiday/Summer Activity Ideas


I’m going away on holiday and it dawned on me that I could do a little blog post of little bits I bought specifically for this. Our family holiday is in the countryside, it’s relaxing and tranquil. I tend to plan a couple of activities to do while away so I don’t get bored. 

I’m looking forward to reading my books. I’ve copied and pasted the info about each book from Amazon. Let me know if you want me to review them afterwards.



Jane Costello ‘All the Single Ladies’

‘Samantha Brooks' boyfriend has made a mistake. One his friends, family, and Sam herself know he'll live to regret. Jamie has announced he's leaving, out of the blue. Jamie is loving, intelligent and, while he isn't perfect, he's perfect for her - in every way except one: he's a free spirit. And after six years in one place, doing a job he despises, he is compelled to do something that will tear apart his relationship with Sam: book a one-way flight to South America. But Sam isn't giving up without a fight. With Jamie still totally in love with her, and torn about whether to stay or go, she has three months to persuade him to do the right thing. So with the help of her friends Ellie and Jen, she hatches a plan to make him realise what he's giving up. A plan that involves dirty tricks, plotting, and a single aim: to win him back. But by the time the tortured Jamie finally wakes up to what he's lost, a gorgeous new pretender has entered Sam's life. Which begs the question ...does she still want him back?’

Sarra Manning  ‘Adorkable’

‘Jeane Smith's a blogger, a dreamer, a dare-to-dreamer, jumble sale queen, CEO of her own lifestyle brand and has half a million followers on Twitter. Michael Lee's a star of school, stage and playing field. A golden boy in a Jack Wills hoodie. They have nothing in common but a pair of cheating exes. So why can't they stop snogging?’

Sophia Bennett ‘The Look’

‘When Ted is spotted by a model agency, she can't believe it. At the same time her gorgeous sister, Ava, is diagnosed with cancer. With her world turned upside down, Ted has a lot of growing up to do, some of it in five-inch platforms. Can she be a supermodel and a super sister? Or will she have to choose between fame and family?’ 



Here is my top 5 relaxing/fun/simple activity ideas for your summer holiday.

1.) Read teen fiction novels. I hope I’ve given you a few helpful suggestions. Summer is the perfect time to read especially if you’re by the pool or in the garden when it’s nice weather. Make sure you have a snack while you’re reading; I like Double Lollies Squashies LOL.

2.) Browse fashion/beauty/hobby magazines. Mostly I tend to lean towards fashion magazines; these are fun to flick through and can be great for interesting articles too. Any magazine genre would work; I’ve brought horse riding magazines etc for my holls in the past.

3.) Listen to your iPod or walkman. Sunbathing if a perfect time to turn on the tunes. Pick a genre that suits your mood. I can’t wait to try out Will.I.Ams new album. Make sure you remember your charger/batteries.

4.) Take Photos or instagram. When you’re on holiday it’s a lovely idea to capture the moment with some photos. You can take snaps of your friends/family/scenery.

5.) Sketch your surroundings. This can be really therapeutic and enjoyable. If you’re not the world’s greatest artist, you could maybe try an adult colouring book. Theres some great ones out there with more sophisticated kind of designs to fill in. Here is an example on Amazon.


I hope I’ve given you some ideas for items to buy or ideas for things to do while away or having a chilled day at home. 

Have you read any of the books listed? Whats your favourite magazine to read?
Xx

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I've just stumbled across your blog - you've got a new fan! I read The Look recently, it's really good and strikes the right balance between thought provoking and light hearted. Please check out my blog!
    Thank you xx
    juliettra@blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juliettra,
      Thank you so much for following and commenting. Yes Look is one of my fav magazines too :) I agree with your comments. I like the fashion and articles. I've had a look at your blog and it’s lovely. I've subscribed and commented. Please keep in touch! :)
      Helen xxxx

      Delete