Sunday 3 February 2013

House of Holland Hatbox (£10 @ Boots)


House of Holland is a new brand to the Boots Christmas range. Unfortunately this and other related items can only be bought at Christmas. 

I thought I would reflect on how I found the items in this hatbox in hope I would help others decide on the brand if it comes back to Boots at the end of this year.


I was first attracted to the bright and contemporary box and the packaging of each individual product. The bright tones add colour to any bathroom or vanity table.

After using the products I felt the quality of the actual product wasn’t as good and my feelings were that the hatbox was aimed at a younger audience.


The fragrance spray was quite a mild scent and didn’t come across very strong at all. I wasn’t overly impressed with the way it smelled.

The shower gel was in a blue bottle and the liquid was actually blue also. I found it hard to dispense the gel and not enough came out at once...making it a little tricky to use in the shower or bath.


The soufflé was a ghastly orange colour and quite runny. This was my least favourite item in the hatbox. It also turned my hands orange when using it.

My favourite item in the hatbox was the scrub. This was a yellow colour but the yellow tint did not transfer to the skin. I enjoyed using the scrub; it was nice and grainy to get rid of any dead skin cells.


Also I found the shower puff great quality, particular compared to other hatbox shower puffs. I don’t think I will opt for this brand next Christmas but I had fun trying out each item :) x

Have you had any bad experiences with products? Which brands have disappointed you? x


No comments:

Post a Comment