Saturday 18 February 2012

Shampoos I Use


James Brown High Gloss Shampoo 250ml

I rate this shampoo very highly, it was recommended to me by a friend and I was very pleased with the results. I bought it for £6.12 from a major Boots store however purchased using my Boots points credit.

I was drawn towards this brand because of the glamorous packaging; I also found the scent of this shampoo very luxurious. My impression of using it in the shower was that it lathered up very well and only a small amount was needed. As stated, it gives a high gloss finish; however, this effect was only achieved after brushing and blow drying hair, as I found more knots in my hair than usual.

I’ve only experienced using this shampoo once and I am only just getting towards the end of the bottle. Despite this I think I might try it again and I would love to try the conditioner in the same brand. While I was in Boots buying this shampoo, I noticed the brand had brought out a photo fabulous range, featuring new black packaging, which was slightly more expensive.

Herbal Essences Uplifting shampoo 400ml

This is more of an everyday shampoo, which is on sale for £1.69 on the Superdrug website. For that amount of money, the 400ml bottle is very reasonably priced. I quite like the packaging on herbal essences shampoos; they use bright colours for different varieties.

The shampoo claims to increase volume in hair and I found that it does achieve an uplifted effect. The only negative, is that it’s not very moisturising, leaving hair somewhat dry.

A tip I was once given is to alternate shampoo use between two brands, this keeps hair in better condition. I tend to switch between herbal essences and a higher end shampoo brand. If you do this, you may find your hair is in better condition and more shiny.

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo 250ml


At £5.59 I believe this is quite a reasonable price. Unlike some other colour-protect shampoos, it leaves my hair more moisturised. I use it along with the conditioner in the same range. In my opinion, it’s more a summer shampoo, to bring out blonde highlights. In addition, it has a beautiful beachy fragrance.

I have purchased this item on many occasions; I used to love John Frieda products when I was at school, to achieve a sun kissed look to my dark blonde hair. Since then I experimented with other hair colours and went without this brand for quite a long time. Just recently I’ve come back to this range, as it works wonders.


No comments:

Post a Comment